The steps for this apron are identical to our Heart Happy Apron (Women's Version). We've listed the supplies and tools again to get your started, but once you have those ready to go, simply click to the other article for a step-by-step tutorial.
The only difference is our choice to use the same fabric for the body of the apron AND its pocket, rather than to choose a contrasting pocket fabric as we did for the woman's version.
Sewing Tools You Need
Fabric and Other Supplies
- 1 yard of 45” wide fabric for the body of the apron and the matching pocket, we used a standard pure white cotton twill in a heavy decorator weight
- ½ yard of 45” wide fabric for ties, we used a cream linen
- Scrap of fabric for pocket’s heart appliqué, we used Paula Prass' Woodland Delight in Brown Bloom
- All purpose thread
- See-through ruler
- Seam guage
- Pattern weights (optional)
- Iron and ironing board
- Scissors or rotary cutter and mat
- Straight pins
Click to Valentines: Heart Happy Apron (Women's Version) for step-by-step instructions.
Project Design: Alicia Thommas
Sample Creation: Liz Johnson
Other machines suitable for this project include the Bernina activa 210 and the Elna 2300.